My Mom & I had a girls trip planned this week. Just us two were going to head off to sunny FL to enjoy some gal time, beach time, and a little mother/daughter bonding. Obviously that’s not happening so instead I thought I would share something super special to me. A recipe passed down from my Mom to me. One that I remember her making as a kid growing up. And now I get to make them for my family.
I did receive Mama A’s permission; she has graciously agreed to let me share it with all of you! It’s her famous 5 ingredient pecan rolls (also known as sticky buns). They’re not only delicious but you prep these the night before you will eat them, talk about super easy!
They’re perfect to make during this quarantine time as they’re not super involved yet your family will throughly enjoy waking up to these during the work week when things are usually a bit more chaotic! I hope you get a chance to whip these up for you & your loved ones. I think it’s a recipe everyone will enjoy over & over & over.
Scroll down for the printable recipe card!
Click on the image below to add it to your Pinterest board!
- ½ C Pecan chips
- 19 Frozen Dough Balls
- 1 Pkg Butterscotch Pudding (not instant)
- 1 Stick of Butter (melted)
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- Grease burnt pan & arrange frozen dough balls in pan
- Sprinkle dry pudding on top
- Next sprinkle with pecans
- Melt butter & brown sugar over stove together then drizzle over the dough
- Put in freezer until bedtime
- Take out & let rise while you sleep (cover with freezer paper)
- In am, bake at 350 for 25-30 mins
- Rolls need 9 hrs to rise at night in winter/cooler weather
- After baking turn upside down onto serving tray